One of the struggles I have in my classroom is creating independent problem solvers while still providing my students the opportunity to review skills they learned in a whole group setting. In Design and Modeling, my students learn to use AutoCAD software called Inventor. We do one whole class project to give students experience with the new software and it's basic abilities. The software comes with a "help wiki" students can use to review the basics, but isn't very easy to navigate for my students. I also have resource books in the classroom but they are HUGE and scary for the kids to go use as a resource. For me, this resource is amazing! I can create basic video tutorials and my students can watch them anytime they want to.
The following movies are all individual files so students can watch a portion they are confused on, but still try the next section or part on their own. I like the sense of independence these movies create for students!
Resources needed: Jing (free) or Camtasia capture software, computers, microphone (if wanted, internet connection
I don't believe I would assess this since it is more of a resource, but I would ask my students if they felt this helped them or was useful for my own knowledge. All students do an exit survey in each unit/class, I would be able to get feedback between courses.
Fin
Main Body
Assembly for Air Skimmer